We are delighted that High Trees, a residential home part of the Keys Group, has received an Outstanding judgement from Ofsted in their latest report.
Ofsted were full of compliments for the team at High Trees home, commenting that ‘staff show the children they care about them’, giving them ‘their full attention when they are in the home.’ Ofsted also noted that the children’s safety is top priority and that ‘staff are highly motivated and use research to source fun and innovative ways of working with the children.’
High Trees received an Outstanding judgement in all of the criteria, including the effectiveness of leaders and managers, how well children and young people are helped and protected, as well as the overall experiences and progress of children and young people in the home.
Following the inspection, Ofsted wrote a letter to the children and young people in the home, explaining their findings.
Here are a few highlights from this:
• “It was lovely to see you with your staff. They care about you and are interested to talk to you about your day in school. Staff welcome you home from school and you are happy to see them and love to chat about your day.”
• “Your staff are extremely proud of you both and all the achievements you continue to make.”
• “Your staff support you when you are feeling anxious and upset. They ask you how best they can help you with these feelings. You tell them what you need them to do and what you don’t want them to do when you are upset. This helps staff to support you to manage your feelings in a calmer way.”
• “You’re very busy in the home, there are lots of craft activities for you to enjoy.”
• “Staff keep you safe. You say you like living at your home a lot. You enjoy being with staff and you feel safe in their care.”