Aims & Objectives
Leaving Care recognises the obstacles and challenges that face young people as they prepare to leave local authority care and make transition into independence and adulthood.
We believe that providing young people with positive role models and empathetic, dedicated experienced Keyworkers, we can equip them with the independent living skills required to thrive in the wider community.
We will specifically focus our work with young people in the following areas:
- Providing good quality accommodation in studio/one or two bedroom flats
- Budgeting Skills
- Home Care Skills (e.g. Shopping, Cooking, Cleaning)
- Accessing/Managing Education or Work
- Challenging anti-social behaviour
- Managing relationships
- Overcoming boredom and isolation
- Self identity
- Self care skills
Here at Leaving Care we recognise that many care leavers have experienced trauma in their lives. Moreover, we recognise that they will make mistakes as we all do. Our organisation is fully committed to working with young people in times of both calm and crisis, to allow them every opportunity to fulfil their potential as young adults.